11.01.2012

Hallowe'en Decor

How was everyone's Hallowe'en yesterday? Was it spooktacular? Ours was as per usual: very over-the-top thanks to my hubby's obsession with this day. (We actually have more bins in storage for Hallowe'en than we do for Christmas).

I think in this case, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let the pics do the talking. Here's what my hubby came up with last night for the exterior of our home - needless to say there were a few scared kids in our neighbourhood.






On the corner of our front yard was a graveyard complete with tombstones (that my hubby DIY'd), skulls, a fire pit, and a moving zombie...



Here is a closer look at my hubby's DIY'd tombstones...


My husband took advantage of our double garage and separate garage doors by making a walk-through haunted house - the kids had to walk through the garage to make their way to the front door to get candy (expect for those who were too scared and just ran across the lawn)...





 My hubby DIY'd this casket too...




This is the second part of the garage...



Once you've survived the haunted house (or garage), you came across a horrifying display of body parts, bloodied tools, and guts (aka pumpkin guts)...



Here's a closer shot of the "guts & tools" table...




My very proud hubby... (scared by his own creation!)



And even my puppy Aspen got into the Hallowe'en spirit... (but she's a good dog - don't let the costume fool you!)





Do you deck out the front of your house with Hallowe'en-themed decor, or do you stay more casual and just give out candy at the front door? Do you dress up in costume too?


Happy November! 

(Can't believe Christmas is right around the corner now... time to get planning on holiday decor for this year.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...