11.06.2012

Road Trip!

This past weekend, my hubby and I traveled to Huntsville, Ontario for a hockey tournament. Phil volunteers as a Goalie Coach for a local kids' competitive hockey team. I have never been to Huntsville (or the Muskoka region for that matter), so I decided to tag along. For those who aren't sure where Huntsville is, it is located just North of Toronto, Ontario. And for us in Ottawa, it was about a 4 hour drive.

This should give you a better idea...








The drive was really nice - through several small towns and about 60 kilometres through the Algonquin Provincial Park. The park is nothing but lookouts, camping sites, winding roads, and breathtaking views - a definite plus to a long car ride. As we neared Huntsville, the weather got colder and the trees became more snow-covered.



While in Huntsville (and when the kids weren't on the ice), my hubby and I spent some downtime browsing the main street. This street was a haven for hand-made crafts, woodworking, and little cafés with homemade goodies. 

Here are a few things that I came across that caught my eye at a local decor store - I fell in love with many of their beautiful pieces.


And not to mention a few cold weather accessories at the Muskoka Outfitters...



Outside the arena, there was a competition for the fastest shot on this mammoth pumpkin...




Unfortunately, the team didn't make it to semi-finals, so Phil and I left early Sunday morning for the drive back home. But, the drive was far from boring since we ran into this guy...



And then later on, we came across this fella hanging out with some local cows and having himself a snack (aka stealing the cows' hay)...



I don't think this cow was too impressed...



All in all, it was a relaxing weekend (other than it being too cold for my liking for the beginning of November). How did you all spend your first weekend of November?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...