1.14.2013

Office Curtains

I would have loved to write this post as a wonderful DIY tutorial on how to sew your own curtains. However, my being the worst seamstress that has ever touched a sewing machine knows that it was just out of the question to do so.

Instead my amazing Mom agreed to sew up these curtains for me.

I chose the fabric from a local fabric store. It was a little over my budget but I couldn't seem to find anything out there that was fulfilling my vision for this room (including ready-to-hang curtains). I wanted a bold pattern, but something girly at the same time. So, I thought a beautiful floral fabric would be key.




This fabric is "Collinson" by the Colonial Willamsburg Foundation.

I decided to hang the finished curtains with drapery clips in an antique brass finish (to coordinate with a simple antique brass rod with glass globe ends).





What do you think? I was hoping to avoid a floral fabric that came off too "grandma", and I think I accomplished this! (Oh and a huge thank you goes out to my Mom for taking a weekend to sew these babies up! Couldn't be happier with the end result!)




I'll break down the rest of the happenings in this room in an upcoming post, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...