7.10.2013

DIY: Stump Accent Table

You may remember back in November I talked about these lovely tree stumps that my hubby managed to pick up for me.


Here is the product of some sanding, scraping, and smoothing by my hubby...


I had always liked the idea of using a tree stump as an accent table in a room. So, when I decided to go with a woodland animal nursery for our baby girl, I knew that those tree stumps would come in handy.


My hubby had to chisel off all the bark and then he sanded down all the sides of the stump to be as smooth (and sliver-free) as possible.


The tree stump lends for a nice little perch for this glow owl lamp that I bought last year (you can see it here in one of my Friday Finds post back in October). Plus, since the stump sits right beside the rocker, it's a great place for a bottle come those midnight feedings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...