10.17.2013

Hiatus Over

For anyone who follows my blog, you'll know that I've have been on a bit of a hiatus since July. The reason behind this hiatus is simple: I gave birth to my baby girl at the end of August. So leading up to then, I was busy finalizing everything for her arrival, and since she was born, I've been busy with, well, taking care of my sweet little girl.

She's now almost 7 weeks old and starting to get into a bit of a routine. And since I'm home on maternity leave (for the next year), I've been eyeing a number of projects around my home that I'm antsy to get started on.

One of the projects that is looming over my head is my home office. I started this room last fall (before I got pregnant), and have since given little attention to it. But, now that things are settling down, I'd like to turn my attention back to this room and finalize it once and for all.

On top of finishing my home office, I would love to paint both my ensuite bathroom and our family room/kitchen/breakfast nook combo. I'm still trying to figure out how one paints a room in their house while taking care of a newborn (most likely I'll have to tackle painting projects while my little one is being watched by one of her grandparents, or once she sleeps for more than an hour at a time).

So, I hope you've all been patient with me over the past few months, and I simply ask for more patience from you as I get back into the swing of things. I also worked on a few design boards for a client back in August, so I'll be sure to share these with you too in the near future.

Stay tuned for upcoming progress posts on the home office (and knowing that you are waiting for these posts might give me the push that I need to get the room completed)!

P.S. What do you all think of the new blog design and header?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...